Sunday, June 22, 2014

Barreiro: Week 56

My investigator Rita in Madeira got baptized!!! :) She's the one that showed up to the chapel on her own because she saw pictures of the temple online!!! I'm SO HAPPY

So yo yo yo first things first. HAPPY FATHER'S DAY YESTERDAY! Bummer we can't call home for Dad day huh? :) Haha but I hope it was a great day for all of you (Dad, Grandpa, Ryan, Raymond, all of you.) You're the best dad ever dad! I feel like this is parent trap and I keep saying the word dad. But hope it was a fun day even with all the traveling :)

This is something I never thought I'd be telling you but I got my "trunky call" this week. If you don't know what that is it's when they call you and tell you the day you're going home.... So weird. Are you ready for it? I'm flying out of here September 30th. I'll probably land there the same day because of the hour difference. So plan on picking me up in Salt Lake City on September 30th okay? Ew I hate having to write that haha...

Anyway, this week we had divisions. I got to work and sleep in Setúbal for the day! It was fun to get to know another area. I went with Sister King who is from Herriman, Utah. She's great! 

We had lunch with a member named Bea who makes you eat a TON!!! She calls it Bea's Challenge. It's literally like 4 plates of food. We all wanted to die. But she's an angel. She won't eat with you she's just running around crazy getting the next stuff ready. Haha she's from Angola. I think we only eat with her once a transfer though. (Good thing because I don't think I could do that again! haha)

João Jr. was confirmed yesterday! He showed up to church in fancier clothes and doesn't wear his earrings or cross necklace anymore. It's AWESOME! He's telling all his friends about us and already gave us a bunch of references. He's a way cool guy haha.

This week I started and finished the book "Our Heritage". I felt like a nerd I couldn't put it down at lunch or before bed haha. Seriously if you haven't read it yet read it. I learned so much about the early saints and I am so much more amazed by the church now! It's so cool!!!

Next week I get to go to Miratejo for Zone Conference! I can't wait :) I am secretly hoping that some of my recent converts and members will be in the chapel by coincidence. I would die! 

We have lots of investigators that all they are waiting for before baptism is to get married. Ernesto's girlfriend is in Cabo Verde so he wants to have the wedding legally with paperwork here and then just have a reception when he gets back. We are so excited! José and Vitoria we are working with them now and same with André and his girlfriend. SO MANY WEDDINGS!!!

The weather is SO HOT! We don't have a fan... just like last summer so we basically stay up all night dying. But we are working on getting a fan so we can sleep haha! Last night at 9:30 it was 36 degrees. I think that is in the 90s in fahrenheit. It's CRAZY!!! Don't worry we're drinking water and using sunscreen :)

We have a recent convert who introduced us to his friend Edi and through Edi we found António. They are both getting baptized this weekend! We have to help them quit smoking but they both have a lot of trials in their lives and are finally feeling better through the gospel. They noticed the change their friend made after being baptized and want to better their lives too. So many awesome people here! 

This week was just a really good week. Our Zone Leaders asked us all to start waking up 15 minutes early to pray for our Zone. We also did a fast as a district and seriously we just found TONS of awesome people and saw lots of miracles. I can't even begin to tell you about them all. I hope we can keep it up this week!!!

I don't know what else to tell you but I love you all! Have a great week!!!!

Sister Carroll

No comments:

Post a Comment