Monday, July 15, 2013

Braga: Week 9




Okay so I have like no time today I'm sorry if this is short! Hope you got all my pictures though! So today we went up to this place called Bom Jesus with Jessica Marinho and the Elders. It's SO cool and beautiful there are so many cool places around here. We were planning on going to a castle but right after we bought our tickets the bus took off so we were sprinting but didn't catch it. But we're going next P day instead so all is well!
Weeks go by CRAZY fast I can't even believe it. Well we had a lot of funny moments this week. Sister Gibbs continues to sleep walk and talk every night which gets a little spooky but really funny. Actually the other day she got up at 3 in the morning and started making her bed and mumbling, "Sister Carroll get up come on let's go. Come on. Sister get up let's go." Like over and over and I randomly started speaking in Portuguese which was insane because I don't know how my brain was working at 3 in the morning but I told her, "Nos não precisamos levantar agora." So she went back to bed.
We have a couple investigators that just talk and talk and talk... for like 2 hours. It's painful sometimes but we just can't get them to stop talking. The Elders taught with us this past lesson with them and the whole time Paulo kept telling us that we must be prophets because we're changing his life. He kept saying, "Carroll. I started doing my dishes and making my bed for the first time in my life. What are you doing to me?" And also he stays inside and reads the BOM instead of going out with his friends every night so that's great news! :)
We find the harder we work the more people the Lord places in our path so we've been working our bums off. Makes us happier too! Oh we have a date lined up in a year and a half. This guy wants to take us out for coffee so bad he said he will drive to Lisbon and wait for us at the airport on our last day here. We didn't want to explain that we can't have coffee or that we will still be set apart because we had to be home in 10 minutes so we just said okay and left hahaha.
We bumped into an American family yesterday which blew my mind! They're visiting from Pennsylvania. i saw them in a taxi and immediately knew they weren't from around these parts so when I saw them again I pounced and talked for a while! She has a student on a mission in Brazil and reads his letters every week. It was fun to bump into them!
Well, I have five minutes left and I have to email my President to I'm sorry but that's all I've got for you this week. Hope you have a great week and I'll talk to you soon!

Sister Carroll

No comments:

Post a Comment