Monday, May 12, 2014

Madiera Islands: Week 50


Hey guys!

I just will start off with the not so good news... We found out that we aren't allowed to use Skype anymore. Apparently one of the Elders skyped their girlfriend at Christmas so it's banned now. Bummer that someone else's mistake affected us all because I REALLY wanted to see Ellie for the first time and Ammon and Lincoln and all of you but hey at least we get to talk on the phone right? I can't wait! :) I will probably be calling around like 10 or 11 in the morning your time okay? 

So Saturday we had interviews with President. It was great! He gave some really good advice. We left feeling so good and we had so much success that day! It was crazy I finally realized how awesome it is he like talks to general authorities and stuff. He's a great mission president I really lucked out! Sister Fluckiger is awesome too!!

We had a Mother's Day dinner on Saturday... (mother's day here was yesterday). It turned out really great! We had a lot of investigators there and everyone had a good time. 

This weekend there was the Flower Festival. You should all look it up on google. It was a big deal. Unfortunately we couldn't go because we had to work of course but everyone talked about it! Tons and tons of people covered in flowers and flowers just everywhere! It sounds awesome.

Yesterday we met a french couple who were lost. They asked us for help but they don't speak english or portuguese and we don't speak french. It was funny but I was understanding a lot of what they said! Thank goodness for latin based languages. We just walked and tried to communicate for like 20 minutes. Super random.

OH! I forgot. I finished reading Jesus the Christ this morning!!!! 793 pages of pure gold. I learned SO MUCH from that book. It took me like 6 months to read it haha. Everyone should read it though. It's hard to get into it but once you get used to it it's great! 

Everything is going great! I love my area, companion, branch, investigators, roommates, everything. We are teaching a lot of people with potential. Can't wait to see what happens! I don't know what happened the last 2 weeks I just have no time! My email is so lame I'm sorry! Haha

But I CAN'T WAIT to talk to you all on Sunday! :) Love you!

Sister Carroll

No comments:

Post a Comment