Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Barreiro: Week 60

Hey!!

So just wanted to say first off Happy Birthday this week Grandma Joyce! Hope you have a wonderful birthday. Love you! 

So this week was great. I love my new comp. Her name is Sister Caldwell. She's from Lehi, Utah. She's tall and super blonde so literally everyone thinks we're German or Swiss or random things. But it's been a fun week. Monday through Thursday we were in a tripla with Sister King. I am grateful to be in just a double. It's a lot harder to teach haha but it was really fun!

Today we went to the park as a district and played soccer and basketball and then ate lunch at the chapel together. It was super fun. In our district it's me, Sis Caldwell, Sis Baird, Sis Austin, Elder André, Elder Bascom, Elder Moore, Elder Ormond, Elder Miller, and Elder Hicks.

We had a baptism yesterday! His name is Anilton. He's 26 and from Cape Verde. It was a good day. Seriously we have been really blessed the whole week. We have had lots of meetings and new things and even with less time we were able to have a good week and meet lots of people so that was awesome! 

We will do our first division on Wednesday! I'm excited we're going to Seixal and I am doing a division with my old companion Sister Briggs! I love her so it will be fun. 

So President Fluckiger moved the mission around a ton! He combined a bunch of the zones so now we have a megazone! Our district has 10 missionaries which is a lot so for the first time ever our District Leader has to have an assistant. So we have 2 District Leaders. It's really crazy but fun! 

I feel so bad I really have no idea what else to tell you haha. One of the biggest hings I've learned recently and on my mission is that it's possible to change. I know all growing up that I thought that the way I am is the way I always will be. But I have learned that it's possible to better ourselves and find our weaknesses. My mission scripture is Ether 12:27 which basically tells us that we are given weaknesses to humble ourselves. If we humble ourselves He will make our weaknesses strengths. I know that it's true that we can constantly change for the better. I am really happy about that! I try to work on one thing at a time to not get overwhelmed. But I know it's possible for anyone. :) 

Love you all! Have a great week.

Sister Carroll

No comments:

Post a Comment